Alt Hist’s submission policy for fiction has begun to creak a little bit. I have realized that I haven’t been clear enough about what we’re looking for. To that end I have updated the submissions policy for fiction. Here’s the new policy:
1. Must be a short piece of fiction – under 10,000 words.
2. Must be either historical fiction, alternate history, or historical fantasy.
3. Must be a well written character based story rather than an exercise in ‘what if …’
4. Must not be simultaneously submitted to another publication.
5. Must be an original work that has not been published elsewhere.
If anyone has any questions please let me know – it will be a sure sign that I need to refine things a bit more!
3 thoughts on “Alt Hist – changes to Submission Policy”
That looks very fair and sensible, Mark.
All I have to do now is write something for it!
I’ve got a question as to whether you publish stories of historical significance/fantasy outside of UK, like British India? I live in Adelaide, Australia and have written a pretty interesting story on a period of fairly interesting dimensions in the beginning of the 20th century when the British ruled India. This story I wrote because of my personal/first-hand experience of the area about the things that occurred during that period. If you publish such stuff, I will be more than happy to submit my material for consideration in your lovely magazine.
The only limit is that it needs to be a historical setting and that it needs to be of good quality 🙂