The current issue of Alt Hist is Issue 4, published in May 2012. Alt Hist publishes twice a year in May and November.
Alt Hist Issue 4: The Magazine of Historical Fiction and Alternate History contains seven top-quality stories from a variety of genres: horror, alternate history and fantasy, as well as straight historical fiction, including four stories set during World War II. If you’re looking for something other than World War II then we also have two stories from the Nineteenth Century and one from the Middle Ages.
The seven stories featured in Alt Hist Issue 4 are:
- ‘Restless’ by Dylan Fox set in the 1860s onboard a fleet of British ironclad warships steaming towards China.
- ‘Kleine Menschen’ by Eric Jackson is a historical fantasy story set in World War II Germany.
- ‘Feast of Faith’ by Shane Rhinewald explores the struggles of common soldiers during the First Crusade who don’t have enough to eat.
- ‘Three Months of Summer’ by Svetlana Kortchik is a love story that happens during the German occupation of Ukraine in 1942.
- ‘The Stork’ by George Piper is a backwoods horror that will scare and surprise you.
- ‘Battalion 202: A Blinded Falcon’ and ‘Battalion 202: Into the Darkness’ by Jonathan Doering are two alternate history stories about the resistance to a German invasion of Britain.
Issue 4 of Alt Hist: The Magazine of Historical Fiction and Alternate History is available in both print and eBook formats as follows: